The Project Managers currently are enjoying a very healthy job market, the outlook of the project management jobs is clearly improving.
Linkedin, Indeed, CareerBuilder, Monster and TotalJobs every day are increasing the job vacancies for Project Managers.
According to a study published by the Anderson Economic Group, an average of 1.2 million project management positions will be needed to filled each year through 2016.
There are many fields are expanding, like Healthcare, Infrastructure development, Green technologies and Railways.
Project Managers Background
PM need to have an acceptable background experience or good knowledge about one of the following areas:
- Science and Technology
- Telecom and Information technology
Project Managers need to plan and manage all kinds of assigned projects, and make sure they are completed on time, to specification and within budget.
PMs can be employed in almost every industry on many different types of venture, from introducing a new computer system to overseeing a large building project, whatever the project, the activities should include:
- Achieving the Project Goal.
- Agreeing the timescales, costs and needed resources.
- Drawing up a detailed plan and schedule for how to achieve each project stage.
- Selecting and leading a project team.
- Negotiating contractors and suppliers for materials and services.
- Making sure that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards.
- Reporting regularly on progress to the project stack holders.
- Managing risk to avoid the project delay.
Part of PMs daily tools is using particular project management methods such as PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments) or PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) to break down the project into stages and monitor its progress and other specialized software to help with scheduling, costing, and risk analysis.
Project Management Skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Logical thinking with creative problem solving ability.
- Great attention to the detail
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of budget control.
- Team player and good leader.
Project Management Certification
It is recommended to have some qualifications specific to the industry, it indicates to potential employers that the individual has the proper experience and training of the project management, the popular Project Management Certifications are:
- PMP Certification, project management professional.
- PRINCE2® Foundation, which endorsed by the UK Government, and perfect for entry level candidates.
- PRINCE2® Practitioner, PM could be certified as soon as he has completed Foundation, to tackle the more complex great organisational skills.
- ProjectManagers.Org Certified Project Manager™ in ISO 21500, our certification based on the International Standard for Project Management wordwide accepted.
PM would often works within standard office hours Monday to Friday, although this can vary according to the industry and he may need to work longer in order to meet deadlines.
The work is usually be office-based, but may spend some of his time travelling for meetings and to visit contractors and suppliers; some tasks may involve overnight stays away from home.
Project Manager Salary
Income depends on experience, certifications, the industry, size and type of the project, he normally get extra bonuses for meeting deadlines.
- Earning is usually between $80,000 and $120,000 a year.
- Top salaries can reach $150,000 or more
Job Opportunities in Linkedin, Indeed, CareerBuilder, Monster, …
It is easy to find a work as a Project Manager in most industries, including construction, health, IT, marketing, manufacturing, engineering, science and the public sector.
Jobs may be advertised in the local and national press, in specialist publications and recruitment agencies.
But currently the most easy way for finding PM positions are Linkedin, Indeed, CareerBuilder, Monster and so on and so forth.
These big job search websites permits you have access to thousands of project management jobs in one click!
You could access below for job search, vacancies and opportunities:
- Click here to find Project Management Jobs in Linkedin
- Click here to find Project Management Jobs in Indeed
- Click here to find Project Management Jobs in Monster
- Click here to find Project Management Jobs in TotalJobs
How to increase your potential Job search
My recommendations are:
- Look for Rapid Growth regions like Asia, Middle East.
- Growing industries like Public sector, Transport, Green energy.
- Search about Tax-Free countries like Dubai.
- High salary paid sectors like Oil & Gas or Defence, etc..
- Find big and long duration projects.
Join my community of 7 Million Unstoppable Learners who have enrolled in my FREE Online Courses and Certification Programs for Trainers, Experts & Professionals. Work with me, visit now: Courses10.com. Take Action. Get Results!