Today I share with you the 5S definition, which is a key concept of Six Sigma. To learn more about what is 5S, continue on!
What is APQP?
APQP is the abbreviation for Advanced Product Quality Planning. A set of procedures and techniques developed by the automotive industry to methodically ensure that a product satisfies the customer requirements.
The APQP elements consist of:
- Design FMEA
- Design Verification Plan & Report
- Prototype Build Control Plan
- Manufacturing Process Flow Chart
- Process FMEA
- Pre-Launch Control Plan
- Operation Process Instructions
- Production Control Plan
- Design & Mfg. Review(s)
- Facilities / Tools / Gauges
- Prototype Builds
- Drawings and Specifications
- Team Feasibility Commitment
- Measurement Systems Evaluation
- Packaging Specifications
- Production Trial Run
- Preliminary Process Capability Study
- Production Validation Testing
- Production Part Approval (PSW)